- Carrot Cakes
- Cake Pops
with cream cheese frosting
Something seemed to be off with my muffin pans recently. They’re always stuck to my pan (even with greasing). I’m thinking maybe I overfill the batter😦 Half of the cake fell off/got stuck/broke into pieces👿 I was so irritated I just dumped all the broken pieces into one big pot.
Cake pops (failed product)
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, 4 different kinds of chocolate
Then, it came to my mind instead of throwing the freshly baked cake to squirrels, I can make cake pops. I’m going to have leftover frosting anyway and there is a big pot of freshly baked cake crumbs sitting in the pot. I’ve read about cake pops many times, but I never intended to make it one day. It just happened I had all the ingredients so might as well give it a try.
- After combining the cake pops together and chilling it for an hour, I decided there is no way I can serve the cake pops without dipping them into chocolate.
- My first round of chocolate dipping: I used a milk chocolate with nuts in it. Apparently there weren’t enough chocolate. (It’s the chocolate layer at the bottom of the cake pops if you can see clearly)
- After chilling the cake pops, I decided I should add another layer of chocolate or no one will want to touch these cake pops. I melted my pink candy chocolate –> it wasn’t enough so I melted some white chocolate –> it also wasn’t enough so I melted a bit of semisweet chocolate. (I also took out the sticks on the cake pops at this stage)
- Actually after the last round of chilling and photo-taking, some cake pops still had a naked bottom😳 It was a bad night, half of my house including me was in a nutty mood. I was too tired, and I was finally over my crazily irritated stage. I didn’t want to melt anymore chocolate to cover up the naked parts of some of the cake pops.
- So in the end, these were failed “cake pops”🙄