Never go to Phaedra restaurant in Laval. They will serve you rotten lobster, unfresh fish, a french toast made of cheese faking to be Saganaki, and a server who never brought us water and tried to convince us that the rotting lobster was fresh from Casa Blanca and wanted to prove it with invoices and receipts. I wanted to ask him to eat it, but I thought it would prolong my time there.
My ratings: ❤
Price range: $$-$$$
I’ve never seen a saganaki that’s not flambéed at your table in a Greek restaurant. The cheese wasn’t even warm when served, and yet the waiter claimed they didn’t have the proper equipment to flambéed the cheese, so they flambéed it in the kitchen.
- One of the lobster was overcooked (the meat was tough). The other lobster was unfresh and you can see all the built-up mucus.
- The sardines were unfresh (plus there were so many bones). The inerts were not removed yet.
- The shrimps were tasteless.
- The whiting filets were also very fishy.
- It’s absolutely not worth for the price, these are all very cheap ingredients, there is no way it will be worth $78. They’re not even fresh to start with.
Click here to see my other reviews on the local dining scene.
15 Boulevard Samson
Laval, QC H7X 3S5, Canada