Located at Frontenac Mall, it’s not as convenient as going to downtown or restaurants that are on main bus routes (that said #10 and #71 does pass by Frontenac mall). We usually go there for the all-you-can-eat menu. It’s a very big restaurant and but be sure to get there early so you can get a seat full. Food is decent, it’s not the best but it’s also not very bad. Just going to list some pros and cons:
- Sometimes meat could be overcooked and be very tough, I don’t really care because I have a habit of chewing on very tough meat.
- The meat (seafood are fine from my experience) don’t always seem that fresh😦 You can taste it somewhat went off already. Granted I never had any food poisoning after eating at Sakura, but food really shouldn’t be served at this quality.
- Waiters are very rude. Just be prepared, it was never to the point we swore we would never go back because of bad service. They usually want to make sure you’re not sharing food (if your company consist of people who weren’t on the all-you-can-eat menu).
- Service could be slow (busy restaurant), so order more items in one setting. Don’t expect everything item ordered to show up though, sometimes items could be missing.
- Big restaurant, good to go with a large company.
- Lots of food to choose from, and they aren’t bad quality.
- It’s all you can eat, with sashimi included. Just eat till you drop, and make sure you ate enough to cover for the price😛
My ratings: ❤❤
Price range: $$-$$$
Golden Spider Roll
Fried soft shell crab
Assorted fresh fish rolled with avocado
Green dragon roll
Strips avocado on dynamite
Hot red dragon roll
Crab, cucumber, avocado inside, spicy tuna outside
Shrimp, crab, avocado, cucumber, cheese inside, fried
Salmon, tempura & avocado inside, topped with fresh salmon, scallion spicy creamy sauce and crunchy
Sushi a la carte
Chef’s Daily Special
Chopped up white tuna with spicy hot dressing, flying fish roe and panko flakes
Green tea, red bean and vanilla
Click here to see my other reviews on the local dining scene.
Sakura Restaurant 櫻花日本料理
1350 Bath Road Kingston, ON